The habit of giving only enhances the desire to give. - Walt Whitman

Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Launch!

This is happening!!
 The idea for this blog has been rolling around in my head for months. Today, I finally found the inspiration to get started.  I took a box of items I've been collecting for the past year down to Redlands Family Services. (See pic below) These were all purchased for very little or no money using coupons and savvy shopping. (One of my favorite hobbies!) As I dropped off these items, I thought to myself: What if each of my friends were doing the same? So...let's do it! I'll let you know how to snag the cheap deals and together we'll work towards helping those in need.

The Plan:  Each week, I'll be posting a great shopping deal (most likely at Walgreens, CVS, or Rite-Aid) The cost of this item will total no more than $1.  Pick and choose the deals that are convenient for you and put them aside in a donation box. Let's see how much we can collect and donate to those in need!


Not bad for maybe $5 out of pocket, right?
What you'll need: Coupons from your Sunday paper, a little shopping time, and a place to store your collection.

I'll be posting the first deal shortly, and it's an easy one!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment